[BoulderCouncilHotline] January 4 City council Meeting – Additional Item regarding Election Working Group

Brautigam, Jane BrautigamJ at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jan 2 16:42:35 MST 2018

Dear council members,

At Council Agenda Committee meeting this morning, I asked CAC to place a new matter on the January 4, 2018 city council agenda under Matters from the City Manager.  This item is a follow up from your meeting of December 19 in which council directed the formation of a working group to provide options and recommendations regarding various changes to the election and campaign finance provisions of the city Charter and Code.

I have prepared the attached document that establishes the working group and sets forth the proposed council direction and timing for deliverables.  My request is that council review this proposed working group “charter” and provide comments to me about its provisions at the January 4 city council meeting.  Following the meeting, I will make appropriate changes and begin to solicit members for the working group on January 8 with initial selection to be made by January 19.

Because city council asked that they have input into the selection of working group members, I would also like to request 15 minutes of time at the January 23 study session on the Housing Board, so that council can review the proposed members and provide further comments.

I look forward to your comments on this item on January 4.

Best regards,
Jane

Jane S. Brautigam
City Manager