[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Annexation amendment

Carr, Thomas CarrT at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Feb 16 16:43:53 MST 2018

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.  Rezoning of 1917 Upland will require compliance with the rezoning procedures in section 9-2-19 of the Boulder Revised Code.  I have attached a copy for your reference.  Rezoning is a criteria-based, quasi-judicial process.  It requires public notice and a public hearing before the planning board.  The city council can initiate a rezoning.  Based on the nature and extent of the work necessary, I believe that it should be a "nod of five" to begin the process.

I hope that this is helpful.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.