[BoulderCouncilHotline] Large lots large houses

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Dec 5 11:35:40 MST 2018

Council

First, I’d like to thank and acknowledge staff for the outstanding memo prepared for last night’s council discussion on large lots and large houses. I’d also like to thank council for a constructive discussion.

Upon thinking more about council direction to staff, I think it may be more prudent, more efficient, and a better use of time to ask staff to consider large lots large houses just for the RR and RE zones, address the issue and public process there, implement new regulations in those zones, and then later, should council want to continue, to then explore options for the RL and RMX zones. Perhaps what needs to occur in the RL zones is to modify compatible development regulations.

On December 18th, I’d like to raise this under matters and see if council would be in agreement with this direction.

Thanks!!

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council