[BoulderCouncilHotline] Follow up to Thursday's public hearing

Carr, Thomas CarrT at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Apr 9 11:00:23 MDT 2018

I want to apologize for the apparent confusion about the scope of the proposed ordinance as it relates to .22 caliber rifles.  The police armorer, Scott Little, had expressed to me a concern that as written, without a clear definition of "pistol grip" the ordinance could be read to include grips similar to those depicted in my slide.  While this would not be what many would consider a pistol grip, we try to be careful when drafting an ordinance.   Sam Weaver has suggested that we define pistol grip to mean a grip that is detached from the stock of the weapon.   I am forwarding an email from Scott that lays out the various options.  In the examples below only the one identified as letter "E" would be banned under such a definition.  ("D" would be banned for having a thumbhole grip.).

The ordinance is a work in progress.  I appreciate your patience as we work through these complicated issues.

Tom