[BoulderCouncilHotline] FW: Hogan Pancost meeting Oct 10

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Oct 5 19:59:38 MDT 2017

CAC members and HOTLINE followers,

I find the multitude of emails like the one we received below compelling – why are we not hearing public testimony regarding Hogan Pancost at the start of the meeting on either Oct 10 or Oct 17?

If it were up to me, I would schedule the whole night Oct 10 for staff/applicant/organized-community testimony and Council questions, and all of Oct 17 for public testimony, followed by deliberations if we get there.

The sense of Council I got from our discussion Tuesday is that if we do not get completely through this annexation decision by Oct 17, that it would be OK to go to the new Council. If that is truly the case, then we need to make it as easy as possible for the public to weigh in on this very important discussion. Otherwise, it appears that we are trying to limit public input, exactly the opposite of what the Public Process Working Group recommended.

I am also deeply uncomfortable that we are giving the development group more time than the community groups, as well as the last word, during the structured presentation and discussions.

Thank you for considering my thoughts.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council