[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: FW: general Comp Plan comments

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu May 25 08:15:05 MDT 2017

Sender: Spence, Cindy

Planning Board Comments – H. Zuckerman

Cindy

From: Harmon Zuckerman [mailto:harmonzman at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:54 PM
To: Spence, Cindy <SpenceC at bouldercolorado.gov>
Cc: Ellis, Lesli <EllisL at bouldercolorado.gov>
Subject: general Comp Plan comments

Dear Cindy,

Below are my general comments on the Comp Plan for consideration by staff, with page #s from the numbering in the first half of the packet:

  *   p.41 1.10 Plan Update “The Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan will be reviewed at least every five years for possible amendments to reflect changes in circumstances and community desires.”  I do not believe this 5-yr period was left in to reflect mid-term updates (which are ad hoc), and it does not reflect the new direction for major updates (which is now on a ten-year periodic cycle).
  *   p.64 LI Guiding Principle 1. "Preserve established businesses and the opportunity for industrial businesses.  The primary role of the industrial areas for research and light manufacturing should be maintained through existing standards. Housing infill should play a subordinate role and not displace established businesses or the opportunity for industrial businesses.”  I appreciate the inclusion of this principle and the clear wording of the last sentence.
  *   p.128 “Criteria for Determining a Neighborhood Planning/Infill Pilot Project” — I appreciate this idea, which is also in the work plan proposals listed near the front of the packet.
  *   p. 137 “The wastewater treatment plant has recently undergone significant modifications to increase the hydraulic capacity to 25 million gallons per day” — Is this correct?  My recollection from the CIP presentation we heard last year is that the plant can treat 50 MM gpd and almost was able to handle the 72 MM+ that it received in the 2013 flood.
  *   p. 225 Second Key Implementation Item, shown as “underway”,” is “b)  Reduce regulatory barriers to creating accessory dwelling units (ADUs).”  What is the status of this important implementation item?

Thanks for your attention to these comments.

Best,
Harmon