[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Inquiries related to the Homelessness Working Group Report and Summer Services

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon May 1 14:52:53 MDT 2017

Sender: Rahn, Karen

Council Members,

We have had several inquiries recently related to summer homeless services and the Homelessness Working Group recommendations and report. The Working Group final report is not completed yet. The Working Group draft report is still open for review to WG members. We will be working with the consultant, Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) to finalize the report to provide as part of the May 16 council packet. Although the plan has not yet been released, some working group members may have distributed a working draft.  I have attached a high-level overview of the recommendations that will be discussed in detail in the report and at the May 16 meeting.  The WG recommendations will require further implementation planning with partner and service providers over the summer, with the goal of launching core system components by Oct. 1.

Temporary summer service plans were put in place to adjust for financial and site sustainability issues being faced by  existing  service providers.  I have attached a more detailed summer program summary that explains changes for this summer.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Karen Rahn
Director, Human Services Department
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D2C289.F0F26050]
O: 303-441-3161<tel:303-441-3161> | M: 720-289-1745<tel:720-289-1745>
RahnK at BoulderColorado.gov<mailto:RahnK at BoulderColorado.gov>
909 Arapahoe | Boulder, CO 80304
BoulderColorado.gov/Human-Services<https://www.bouldercolorado.gov/Human-Services>