[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Item 3B regarding encampments

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 21 15:08:51 MST 2017

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

On February 14 at council's study session that included encampments, 8 council members were present

On "direction" (which is taken in the form of a vote which I still do not like nor think is okay at study sessions), point 4 on encampments says:

1. Support for temporary solutions for facilities along boulder creek.
I think that is incorrect. It was a 4 in favor, 4 again "direction" which means it fails.

2. Supports expanding permanent solutions in civic plaza planning. I do not think that was clear either.

I plan to raise this tonight prior to consent agenda.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel,
Member of Boulder City Council

303-815-6723

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick