[BoulderCouncilHotline] Weaver 2018 Retreat Priorities

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 19 12:22:37 MST 2017

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE Followers,

Below you will find my retreat priorities.  I have intentionally tried to keep the list short - I do have other programs I would like to see, but wanted to focus first on the most important.

  1.  Revisit and raise commercial development AH linkage fees (can happen very quickly with few meetings - by Feb latest - 1 SS and 1 CC meeting)
  2.  Extend height moratorium to increase work plan capacity (can happen very quickly - by Feb latest)
  3.  Campaign Finance regulations - clarification of enforcement policy and strengthened regulation (must happen by August)
  4.  Regularized subcommunity planning processes starting with North Central Boulder subcommunity (north of Arapahoe, south of Norwood, west of Folsom)
  5.  Examine options for preventing retaliation in mobile home parks by raised lot rents on occupants
  6.  Site Plan Review reform, including fixes for broken provisions as well as addition of community benefit definition (should also include use table review)
  7.  Implement middle income shared equity housing pilot
In extending the height moratorium outside of parts of the City with area plans, more staff capacity can be freed up for other efforts.  I also feel that if more capacity is needed, that ADU discussions or short-term rental review or co-op ordinance review could be delayed somewhat.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council
weavers at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:weavers at bouldercolorado.gov>