[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Budget: Human Services Staff and Homelessness

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Oct 18 11:56:12 MDT 2016

Sender: Young, Mary

Colleagues, Jane and Karen,

After reading and thinking through the budget memo and the description for the two Human Services staff people, I would like to propose the following at tonight's council meeting:

Instead of allocating the two staff positions immediately, wait until after the Human Services Strategy is complete and utilize the Working Group to collaboratively identify the needs in a community based and holistic manner. Identified needs to include staff positions, where they would be most effective (physically and functionally) and how positions would integrate with the Homeless Outreach Team (Police) and Homeless Navigator (Court.)

I believe that this approach would be more inclusive of the community and potentially yield more effective results.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young
Mayor Pro Tem

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold