[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: Hotline: Public Participation Working Group meeting Monday October 17

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Oct 18 08:29:37 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Jason,

Thanks for writing.

Yesterday's meeting was the second for the Public Participation Working Group. The group will meet monthly through next June (November 14, December 12, January 9, February 13, March 20, April 10, May 8, June 12), all are on Mondays 4-7 pm. While I recognize this is a difficult time for some to attend a meeting, the group discussed scheduling and arrived at this time.  Information, meeting notes, emails the PPWG receives are posted at https://bouldercolorado.gov/city-council/public-participation-working-group

The residents seated in this group are sincere in trying to identify better ways for the public to engage with the city.  The public is encouraged to attend these meetings or write emails to the group at publicparticipationworkinggroup at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:publicparticipationworkinggroup at bouldercolorado.gov>

I'm also open to meeting with you or anyone who can't attend the scheduled meetings to listen to your ideas or suggestions on improving public process.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council

303-938-8520 h
303-815-6723 c

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick