[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Email from Jared Polis concerning co-ops

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue May 17 14:12:49 MDT 2016

Sender: Brockett, Aaron

Dear Hotline followers,

The Council received the following email this evening from our Congressional Representative Jared Polis and I thought it was relevant to the discussion.

Dear City Council Members,

      I encourage Council to adopt a co-op ordinance that makes it
easier to form and register co-ops in Boulder. As a long time Boulder
resident, I value the diversity of our community. As housing prices
become more expensive, co-ops offer a shared responsibility option
consistent with our values as Boulderites.
      The co-op model can work well for ensuring responsibility and
reducing costs while allowing residents to live a healthy lifestyle
and hold jobs. While Boulder should consider even bolder options to
ensure that middle class families can afford to live in our town, the
co-op option can certainly help while staying true to the values of
our community.

Thank you,

US Representative Jared Polis
Boulder