[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Celebration of immigration / cultural heritage

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jun 21 12:45:21 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

In this morning's Daily Camera was an article in the local section (1B) regarding the upcoming Celebration of Immigrant Heritage in October and a rfp issued by our HRC. In the article, a statement from the city expanded on the criteria: "Funds must be used for events that honor the experience and contributions of the experience and contributions of the many immigrants who have shaped our city........"

My question is will applications from Native People be accepted to apply for this rfp as this group of people are not immigrants but are a minority who could very well contribute to a celebration of cultural heritage.

Thank you.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council

303-938-8520 h
303-815-6723 c

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick