[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Camping ban enforcement discussion

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Apr 6 08:09:29 MDT 2016

Sender: Brockett, Aaron

Hello colleagues and community members. At tonight's meeting during the update on enforcement of the camping ban, I would like to discuss the possibility of creating a task force on homelessness. My thought is that it would be similar to other task forces the city has created over the years. The group could be made up of homeless service providers, homeless advocates, law enforcement, members of the business community, interested community members etc. It would work through the issues regarding homelessness issues and make recommendations to the city council about future steps to take.

The problems regarding homelessness in our community are complex, and I think we could benefit from having a group dedicated to working on the topic. I'll be interested to hear my fellow council members' thoughts on the topic tonight.

Best,

Aaron Brockett

Boulder City Council member

brocketta at bouldercolorado.gov