[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Parking Pricing--a time to discuss

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Sep 11 10:56:18 MDT 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

Dear Jane and Molly:

I want to find the right time to discuss parking fees downtown, and thought that the time to do that would be in an upcoming Council meeting devoted to the budget. I do not see the detail in the 2016 budget for Parking Services that provides us with the information to understand the context. At p. 159 of the Budget, Parking lists as one of its major accomplishments in 2015 is "Increased long term parking permit parking rates” and at p. 160, a Key Initiative for 2016 is listed as " Increased permit parking fees for downtown, the hill and NPP commuter permits.” But what Parking Services intends with respect to increasing parking rates is not disclosed. And the only thing I can find about revenues in the Parking Services part of the budget is in Table 8-16, p. 158, which lacks any detail about proposed changes in parking fees.

Please give me an indication of when the next opportunity there will be to have a short discussion on this topic.

Thanks very much.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.