[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Equity Co-ops

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Sep 10 11:44:36 MDT 2015

Sender: Shoemaker, Andrew

Following up on our discussion Tuesday night, and my interest and the apparent interest of some other Council
members in encouraging responsibly-governed equity co-ops (i.e., owned by the residents/owner occupied), can Staff be prepared next Tuesday evening as part of the Occupancy agenda item to discuss its ability to do the following by the first quarter of 2016: propose amendments to the existing co-op ordinance to increase the feasibility of an equity co-op as an affordable housing option in our community, so that we can hold hearings and determine whether and where to encourage such investments in the near future and well before the completion of the lengthy BVCP process.

Andrew Shoemaker
Member, Boulder City Council