[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Boulder's Participation in the Mayors' Challenge for Safer People, Safer Streets Campaign

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Mar 9 16:42:24 MDT 2015

Sender: Jones, Suzanne

Dear all--

I wanted everyone to be aware of an upcoming exciting event at which I will be representing Boulder later this week.

Specifically, Boulder has been invited to participate in a national transportation safety summit in Washington D.C. on Thursday (March 12th) - hosted by the U.S. Department of Transportation. The summit is a kick-off event
 for the U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx’s Mayors’ Challenge for ‘Safer People, Safer Streets’ campaign.  I will be participating along with GO Boulder staff to network, share about Boulder's progress in promoting biking and walking, and learn more
 about transportation planning best practices with cities from all over the country.

The Mayors’ Challenge supports the transportation work the City of Boulder is already conducting, as well as future phases of GO Boulder’s Living Laboratory program. I'll look forward to sharing what I learn with all of you
 upon my return.

Cheers,
Suzanne Jones
Mayor Pro Tem, Boulder City Council