[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: The TMP, RTD and the Last Mile

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Mar 5 20:41:50 MST 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

Boulder resident Julie McCabe has asked me a series of thoughtful and searching questions about RTD, the TMP and the Last Mile—questions which I cannot answer, and they were not part of the recent TMP update that we received at the Feb 28 Study Session.

Our first BRT will begin operation Jan 2016, bringing people up the US36 corridor and terminating at Boulder Junction. The hope is that we can also get BRT along 119, Arapahoe and perhaps Baseline, terminating at Boulder Junction and Table Mesa
 Park n Ride. One of the goals in the 2014 TMP is to reduce Single Occupant Vehicle trips substantailly.

To what extent have we planned the last mile—to take the riders from Boulder Junction and Table Mesa to their destinations?

To what extent will the local bus circulation change, both the routes and the frequency, to take these riders to their ultimate destinations in Boulder?

Are these questions being answered by work that is in the Workplan? And is there a time in the future when TAB and Council will be updated on the issues surrounding the Last Mile?

Thanks very much.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.