[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Demystifying the Housing Market for San Francisco: Forum - YouTube

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 24 12:48:10 MST 2015

Sender: Lewis, Alisa

Dear colleagues and community,

Below I've posted an incredible debate that took place recently in San Francisco regarding housing.  It's very similar to much of the discussion in Boulder.  In this discussion, I encourage all to listen. Its very similar to the debate occurring in Boulder today.

What are we building and who is it for?
How can we learn from this discussion?

Amount of housing is limited so only "x" amount of people can live here (more or less).  By not doing anything, we are affecting the mix. How can we affect this number by what we need (with respect to many who work here in the full range of employment opportunities existing here)

http://cp.mcafee.com/d/2DRPosrhojpuhphovdTdLnosjojdLnosjvjdFTpopod7aqa9JeZS77Cmjp_C9kQ54aJDEv6RjWNR2L4qCjp2HpW7NJk-ItgHN6FASqerXG233_nVYsyy-CZRXBQQmk-d7bXatSn-mKzp55mX3_axVZicHs3jq9J4TvAXTLuZXTKrKr9PCJhbclUJlKrp3-nMNIX4OhAUh1oE2i0vmMn2l3pYGqHm8FVUa8yvbCSmbTdxsc0AaxEc6Kd40tWFqAVeBFg8Cy2pfPh05WJQB0yq81LoBvCq87qNd40NI3h0bNS5FkJl8Qg2ZoJGCy0Kq80flI4JAfdzDPs8UyDpB33E9Z

Lisa Morzel
Member of Boulder City Council

A republic is a political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them.
Also a group of people working as equals in the same sphere or field.

"Politics is what we create by what we do, what we hope for, and what we dare to imagine."  Paul Wellstone 1944-2002