[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: First Reading Questions: 3G University Hill Moratorium

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Feb 20 09:30:27 MST 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

Thanks, Mary, for referring us to the piece that exposes the decline in social equity that is accompanying cities that host the creative class. Here is a quote from the article, describing the challenges that Austin, TX is having:

"People who have the means to enjoy living here often define success in economic or environmental terms. In the past year, environmentalists and business boosters forged a delicate alliance based on a report that said businesses consider quality of life when deciding where to move. . . . Economic development and the environment were linked. Yet we’ve overlooked one E in the three Es of quality of life : social equity. . . . There is much to be preserved in this region. Including people, not just vistas (Richardson, 1999)."

Macon Cowles
Sent from an iPad