[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Goals for Short Term Rental Regulation

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Aug 27 14:45:05 MDT 2015

Sender: Young, Mary

Dear Colleagues,

As we head into tonight's discussion on Short Term Rental (STR) regulation, I would like us to consider setting some goals for ourselves at the beginning of the meeting. In this way, the public may provide feedback on those goals during the hearing and we could change or amend our goals as a result.

The goals would provide a basis from which to measure success going forward.

Here are some suggested goals to give us a place to start from:

1. Provide an avenue to residential affordability
2. Maintain availability of units as LTRs (Long Term Rentals)
3. Discourage STRs as investment strategy that would result in loss of 2 above
4. Easy to enforce

Then

5. Provide a set of parameters for which to collect data to indicate progress on goals
6. Use data collection to gauge whether or not we are meeting our goals

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold