[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: PLB Neighborhood Initiative - a word version with line numbers

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Aug 20 12:26:32 MDT 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

I have looked more closely at the map to which a Livable Boulder Board Member directed me. In fact, in the slice below, I have zoomed in on the hospital and Community Plaza sites. The hospital site straddles two neighborhoods. If the Pomerance-Livable Boulder (PLB) map is used, the PLB Initiative empowers the Newlands neighborhood to veto any changes to use, density, height, etc. on the north part of the BCH site, and the Mapleton Hill neighborhood to veto any changes on the south part of the site. Old North Boulder and Whittier, which are across the street from the hospital site have none of such power to affect the outcome.

The PLB Initiative also gives the

Similarly, Old North Boulder neighborhood gets to veto any proposed changes in the future to the Community Plaza site, but Whittier, Mapleton Hill and Newlands that are across the street from the Community Plaza site get no such power to affect the outcome.

I am not asking for a response from other Councilors. I am simply spotting issues in the initiatives.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.
Boulder, Colorado 80304