[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: First Reading Questions on Item 3D: Transportation Code Changes

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Sep 22 13:54:52 MDT 2014

Sender: Young, Mary

My apologies for not sending these in sooner.

Here are my comments and questions:

1. Would it be possible to make a slight modification in the language where instead of saying  "shared by all modes of transportation" (packet pg. 42, line 13 and anywhere else it appears) it were to read "shared by people in all modes of transportation"? It would emphasize that there is always a person behind the wheel of a car and on a bicycle.

2. On packet pg. 48, line 3, the definition of "wireless telephone" does not sound like it would cover an iPad or "wearable" device. Do we want to include these other devices and use a broader definition? A wearable device can still be distracting.

3. The term "driving a bicycle" struck me as odd. Is there a reason for using this instead of "riding a bicycle"?

4. On packet pg. 53, line 9, would paratransit vehicles (such as Via or Access-a-ride) be allowed to park in bus stops (if only to pick up passengers)?

5. Minor item: on packet pg. 53 also at line 9, item numbering goes from 6 to 8, looks like 7 was skipped.

Thank you.

Mary Young