[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Amendment to Study Session summary

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Nov 19 16:15:04 MST 2014

Sender: Lewis, Alisa on behalf of Lisa Morzel

Council,

Tonight in the study session minutes from our joint City Council-Planning Board minutes, I want to include the following sentences in our minutes:

 "CC and PB members discussed sub-committees (or committees) during the study session. Several council members and planning board members spoke of their support to the possible formation
 of board sub-committees to address an issue, be it policy or just a practical matter, if that particular board felt a need to address.  That could result in some policy or other recommendations
 to the council.  There was also discussion by some council members that the ability of a board to be proactive is important because the cc has little to no knowledge of the challenges the board is facing."
 I'd like to include this in our minutes.

I assume (but we can have detailed discussion later as to mechanics) the subcommittee would report back to its board which would then decide how to proceed and whether to contact council.

I am not sure why the formation of subcommittees being restricted to only CC is even being discussed as in my years on council, many board subcommittees (some w cc members on which I've participated) have been created to address specific policy and technical
 issues and these committees seem to have always been helpful in their analyses and recommendations.

thanks

Lisa

--
Lisa
www.lisamorzel.com

"Politics is what we create by what we do, what we hope for, and what we dare to imagine."
Paul Wellstone (1944-2002)

"The basic principle in planning a city is that it should be designed for human beings."
Dennis O'Harrow, former long-time executive director, American Society of Planning Officials