[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Followup to Climate and Energy Study Session

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Nov 19 16:13:41 MST 2014

Sender: KenCairn, Brett

Dear Council Members
We understand that for a wide variety of reasons a number of you were unable to attend the Council Session on November 12th . The evening had a very full agenda of important information including a briefing from the progressive
 utility company NRG on trends and issues related to creating next generation electric utilities.  The study session focused on Boulder’s Climate Commitment and its close relationship and integration with our community energy strategy including both municipalization,
 our energy programs and strategies in transportation.  The second half of the evening provided updates on a number of major energy initiatives including the development and implementation of our Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency Ordinance.

In order to give all of you an opportunity to review and provide comments on these important and high Council priority initiatives, we have included the attached links.  Staff will include these and staff responses as part of a memo accompanying
 the Study Session summary that will be completed by December 5th.

Link to NRG Presentation Powerpoint
Links to Staff Presentation Powerpoints
Channel 8 Video of the Study Session

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Thank you
Brett KenCairn

Brett KenCairn
Senior Environmental Planner
Community Planning and Sustainability
1739 Broadway, 4th Floor / Boulder, CO 80302
mail: PO Box 791 / Boulder, CO 80306-0791
303.441.3272 (o)
970.846.7344 (m)
Kencairnb at bouldercolorado.gov