[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Agenda items 3D and 3E, Jan. 21 meeting

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jan 21 09:38:29 MST 2014

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Two additional thoughts on agenda items at our January 21 meeting:

P. 66, item 3D, Council Working Agreements:
Under “Council Process,” a new bullet item has been added at the bottom to capture our discussion regarding electronic messages during council meetings.  As written, I think it restricts two activities we didn’t agree to: no electronic
 messages of any sort could be sent/read, and even if they could be then any relating to matters under consideration couldn’t be.

I may well be wrong, but I think we intended something like:
During a council meeting, any form of electronic messages, including emails and texts, that relate to matters being considered and which arrived at any time during that meeting shall not be read by councilmembers, nor shall any messages
 on matters under consideration be sent by council members.

P. 71, item 3E, Council Committees:
-- The School Issues Committee is listed under Internal City Committees; I think it belongs under Intergovernmental Organizations
-- For BURA, no need to note that it is a mayoral appointment
-- The members of the Legislative Committee are an interesting throwback to the somewhat distant past!

--Matt