[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: First Reading Questions on Bear Container Ordinance

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Feb 19 08:00:54 MST 2014

Sender: Young, Mary

P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

Here are my first reading questions:
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in;

Section 6-3-12 (c) outlines a provision for notification of damaged containers or enclosures that become accessible to wildlife. Would it be possible to create a similar provision for dealing with overflowing or unlatched containers
 or enclosures?

The west side of 3rd Street is unincorporated, will the city have the ability to write citations to violations at theses residences? Are there other areas in the proposed boundary that are also unincorporated? If the city cannot
 write citations, is it possible to write a provision to be able to do so?

We heard from someone tonight who lives at 3rd and Arapahoe who spoke about overflowing garbage cans at Ebin Fine Park on the weekends. Would it make sense to include a requirement within the ordinance requiring the
 city to be timely in its pick up of trash in this area? What about signage to discourage overflowing cans?

We heard from one member of the public asking if the ordinance could include a program evaluation plan. The Department of Wildlife Officer referred to that as Adaptive Management. Other than extending the area as bears change their
 habits, what will the Adaptive Management plan consist of?

Thank you!

Mary Dolores Young
youngm at bouldercolorado.gov