[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Visit from Tajik businesswomen

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 11 11:04:02 MST 2014

Sender: Weaver, Sam

Fellow Council Members,

As the new Council representative on the Dushanbe Sister City Committee, I wanted to make sure that you were all aware of a visit we will receive from Tajik businesswomen during the second week of March.  Five women and their interpreter will arrive in Boulder
 on Sunday, March 9 and there will be a welcoming reception for them at 5:30pm at the home of Joe and Caroline Stepanek that evening.  The rest of the week they will be meeting each morning at the Dushanbe Teahouse, then visiting with the owners of various
 businesses, especially women-owned small businesses.

If you would like to meet with this group, or have ideas for people that would be good resources for them on their visit, please let me know.  I am including the names and short bios for the visitors below.  Their ages are 32 to 41, and four live in Dushanbe,
 while the fifth is from Khujand, the creative home of our teahouse.

Ms. Nazira Begnazarova, Art Director, advertising agent for "Forex,"
Interests: business start-up, support and promotion, U.S. ad agency
technologies and experiences. Goal: open own art school as a business.

Ms. Ozoda N. Berdiyeva, Co-founder, company called MBO Professional,
Interests: business support at home and in the U.S., educational
services. Goal: Expand business educational activities and contribute to
improved business climate in Tajikistan.

Ms. Gulnoz  K. Ibragimova, Director, Center of Training and Development
of Microfinance of Tajikistan, Interests: U.S. business training,
consulting services and administration, women owned initiatives. Goal:
help others start and expand businesses, and help government expand the
legal basis for women-owned businesses.

Ms. Malika A. Khamidova, Director, Children's Club "Nanaris," Interests:
Community-based activities for urban youth, educational services &
business administration. Goal: Expand opportunities for young
business-minded students while in school.

Ms. Zarrina G. Murodova, Entrepreneur, manager of private bakery named
"Zarrina," Interests: Learn about U.S. businesses, small business
expansion, and the U.S. franchise business model.  Goal: Expand her
firm's sales outlets, service quality and product lines in several towns
and cities across Tajikistan.

The Visitors' Facilitator: Ms. Muyassarkhon M. Qozieva

Please do not hesitate to contact Joe Stepanek or myself if you have an interest in participating in visit events, or with ideas for people and places to visit.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council
weavers at bouldercolorado.gov