[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Congratulations to Open Space

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Oct 31 08:56:43 MDT 2013

Sender: Cowles, Macon

The news yesterday, copied below my signature,  that OSMP has opened 76% of the trails was welcomed by all of Boulder. We owe our thanks to OSMP employees for aggressively working to restore access.

Thanks very much.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member

Open Space and Mountain Parks opens more trails and a popular area peak today

Department has now opened almost 3/4 of its flood-damaged trail system

The City of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) Department today reopened trails that allow hikers, runners and climbers to access Green Mountain summit.

Today, OSMP opened the following trails:

·         Sacred Cliffs

·         Green Bear

·         Bear Peak West Ridge

·         Bear Canyon

·         The eastern part of Green Mountain West Ridge
 trail

With today’s trail openings, OSMP has now reopened access to all of its major peaks since the recent flooding that significantly damaged the trail system. The department has now reopened 108 miles of trails – about 74 percent
 of the trail system.

OSMP originally anticipated that these trails would likely remain closed through the rest of the year. However, OSMP trail crew and volunteer efforts to reopen trails have progressed rapidly in the last two weeks, and their work
 has helped the department close in on its goal of opening 80 percent system by the end of the year.

For the latest information on reopened trails, open climbing areas and where nighttime and off-trail restrictions have been lifted, go to osmp.org.