[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: FW: Message from Suzy to the rest of the Council

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri May 17 11:42:47 MDT 2013

Sender: Darrow, Alisa

Dear Fellow Council Members:

As you know, the City of Boulder is one of the original members of 36 Commuting Solutions (36 CS), a non-profit and public-private membership organization whose mission is to enhance the mobility of commuters along the US 36 corridor
 for today and the future.  As the council representative to the organization, I am sending you the attached Annual Report that provides an excellent overview of 36 CS work and accomplishments.

I would like to highlight just a few items in the report...

Public-Private Sector Membership:  In addition to all of the corridor communities and CU Boulder being dues-paying public sector members, the private sector membership is now up to 65!

First and Final Mile Connections:  As we busily work away in Boulder to assure there is multimodal connectivity to the regional system, 36 CS has conducted a “First and Final Mile” study that will help all of the communities along
 the corridor connect to the new US 36 Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and Bikeway.  Addressing regional travel requires that transit, biking and walking work on both ends of the trip.  And 36 CS is now advocating and looking for opportunities to fund those connections.

Advocacy & Service:  Throughout the Annual Report you will see examples of
advocacy – assuring BRT and Travel Demand Management are funded and implemented well – and
service – reaching out and working with employers and employees on their travel options.

On Tuesday morning at the regular 36 CS membership meeting, interested business representatives, elected officials and others heard information ranging from Boulder’s Transportation Master Plan Update to the statewide transportation
 funding discussion (presented in part by Matt) to the upcoming Northwest Area Mobility Study and changes coming to North I-25.

I hope you find this information helpful and please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Suzy