[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Questions re Agenda Item 3I

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue May 7 17:14:33 MDT 2013

Sender: Ageton, Suzy

I find the proposed changes re: political committees quite confusing.  If the state no long acknowledges or accepts municipal political committee filings, why are we maintaining this concept along with that of an unofficial candidate committee? Why not roll these two together and have one set of financial reporting requirements?  Or if we want to maintain the distinction between these two, than at least make the financial reporting requirements the same.

The current proposal maintaining both of these types of committees but with different reporting requirements does not seem to make sense.

Also under 13-2-13, what is the rationale for exempting tweets from any attribution?  And if we are going to exempt tweets what about Reddit and other forms of real time social media?  This may simply be an enforcement issue but then it would seem to apply to many forms of social media not just tweets.

Suzy

Sent from my iPad