[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Could Channel 8 tape for broadcast the Speaker Series: FrackingSENSE--at the Center for the American West

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Feb 21 14:32:49 MST 2013

Sender: Cowles, Macon

Below is an email thread I started this morning that has included Patrick von Keyserling, Zan Jones, Elise Jones, Jane
 Brautigam and the Center for the American West regarding a fracking series that the Center is doing on Tuesday nights from Feb. 26 through May 21. The gist of the thread is my suggestion that
 the City and County participate in taping the lecture series and making it available on Channel 8 for people to stream.

Read from the bottom up, so you will see the titles of the various presentations and the invited speakers on the topics.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor

Dear all:

I have added the City Manager to the cc list so that this matter can be discussed by the right people at the City. Jane, please read the thread below from the bottom up, so that you can see what we are
 talking about: the Tuesday night fracking series that the Center for the American West is doing.

Local officials, including the City Council, are increasingly being asked to take action on fracking. The FrackingSENSE series that the Center is doing on Tuesday nights from Feb. 26 through May 21 would
 be an excellent way for the Council and the Community to receive good current information about the subject.

I will post this email on the Boulder Hotline, to apprise other Councilors and members of the community about this series. And I will send an email to CAC asking that CAC take this up, and schedule for discussion if necessary. There is need for haste,
 though, as the kickoff lecture is next Tuesday evening, February 26.

Macon Cowles

Boulder City Council Member

PO Box 4623

Boulder, Colorado 80306