[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Minor questions about the Information Packet Memos

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Dec 18 10:27:25 MST 2013

Sender: Taddeucci, Joe

Mr. Weaver,

Thank you for the questions related to the Hydroelectric Program Update information packet.  Regarding future power purchase agreements, staff will begin evaluating options in 2014 and will focus on shorter-term contracts (with five-year terms a likely target).   This will allow the water utility to continue to generate revenue as well as maximize future flexibility.

Related to your question about potential hydro facilities at Barker Dam, a preliminary feasibility study has been prepared, and the proposed hydro plant at Barker Dam would have an estimated 1.5 megawatt generating capacity and would produce an estimated 1480 MW-hour in annual generation.

I plan to attend the council meeting tonight, but if you have any additional questions before that time, I can be reached at 303-441-3205 or TaddeucciJ at bouldercolorado.gov.

Joe Taddeucci
Water Resources Manager