[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: RE: Broadband infrastructure

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Dec 11 07:41:00 MST 2013

Sender: Ingle, Don

Macon – Thank you for your continued energy and vision around expanded broadband capabilities in Boulder. More competitive, high-capacity broadband alternatives
 in Boulder support all three of the city’s sustainability goals.

Council’s recently adopted legislative agenda includes state telecommunications legislative reform as a priority. Accordingly, it has been a key focus area
 for Carl Castillo and I.  As mentioned in the attached briefing memo from earlier this year, the limitations imposed by State Senate Bill 05-152 are a primary concern. We look forward to updating council as our legislative efforts mature over the next several
 months.

Don Ingle
Director of Information Technology
City of Boulder, Colorado