[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: Article in Daily Camera today on Homelessness

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Jul 27 15:53:27 MDT 2012

Sender: Becker, KC

Karen:
Thanks so much for this information.
A couple questions that hopefully can be addressed in the Information  Update on August 7th.
1. It seems like reliable data is hard to come by. How can Boulder work to assure more consistent and reliable data?
2. Where can we find the Point in Time survey?
3. The article doesn't tell us how "homeless" is defined. I was a little confused when it said that only 4% of the respondents had spent the night "on the street" in the last year. Can you explain this a little more for us?
4. This question is a bit more complicated, so an answer might take longer to provide, or might be part of a larger discussion. How do we know, given the inconsistent data, that our programs and services (and our limited tax dollars to spend on human services needs) are directed in the most efficient, effective way?

Thanks,

KC