[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: US36 MCC meeting

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Aug 6 08:45:15 MDT 2012

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Colleagues - The US36 Mayors and Commissioners Coalition held its standing monthly meeting last week, at which we:
-- got an update from our D.C. lobbyists on the new MAP 21 transportation bill and its potential impacts on BRT
-- got a report on the DRCOG MVIC meeting, at which there seemed to be considerable support for granting $15M in funding for BRT
-- discussed how we might best try to get remaining funding to build and operate "true" BRT in the US36 corridor; also discussed the need to get better information on costs
-- got an update on discussions with the HPTE re the managed lane on US36 and the ongoing conversation about HOV thresholds, operating characteristics, and investments in the corridor
-- discussed our serious concerns with the apparent efforts to build the SE extension as the next rail corridor

--Matt