[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: Problems on University Hill - what the City and University can do

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Mar 22 12:53:13 MDT 2011

Sender: Osborne, Susan

Thank you, Ken.  I'm out of town with grand daughters and have had only sporadic computer service. I'd add my voice to others on council saddened by last Thursday's violence and the loss of a young life. I also share the view that we must put a stop to the lawlessness and riot-like bahavior... I saw it on my first police ride-along, and regret that we apparently haven't made progress.

I'd add to Ken's good list, the project that Molly W has begun to use an improvement district approach for district garbage removal, snow shovelling and the like.  This approach may give landlords the opportunity to show their acknowledgement of the problem and good will to neighbors.  If owners don't agree to a district wide, shared approach to on-going clean up and maintenance, a strict and uniform enforcement of the housing code and related codes should be begun.

I'd also like to understand what we know about "problem" houses - both in terms of police and noise calls and code enforcement violations.

Susan Osborne, Mayor
Boulder, Colorado
303-513-3533