[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Additional questions....

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Jul 25 13:51:22 MDT 2011

Sender: Ageton, Suzy

Here are two additional questions re: municipalization costs that I did not raise at our meeting last week:

*         Assuming that we use the proposed increase in the CAP tax for the preliminary costs of starting to municipalize, what is the justification for the differential rates charged to the three classes of electricity users?

*         Assuming a municipal electric utility is created and the City purchases Xcel's assets including the land on which they sit, once title has transferred to the City, it is my assumption that the County will remove this property from the tax roll.  If this assumption is correct, then no future tax assessments would occur and it is unclear to me how we would project future payments in lieu of the property tax.  Would we make any allowance for changing land values,  just assume a flat rate based on the year of the title transfer or some other approach?