[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Martin Luther King event in Littleton

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jan 18 14:33:36 MST 2011

Sender: Cowles, Macon

Yesterday, I attended an MLK event in Littleton with my mother, who is 93 years old. We were invited there to receive a special merit award on behalf of my father, for his civil rights work while a minister in Littleton. I was asked to make some remarks on the occasion, which I was glad to do. I focused on the work of Dr. King not only in fighting the three evils of: racism, materialism and militarism. For those interested, the talk that I gave--about six minutes--can be found here: http://files.me.com/macon.cowles/x1zh5i.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor