[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Real Estate Acquisition Discussion

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jan 11 08:51:16 MST 2011

Sender: Becker, KC

On the Council Agenda Committee minutes from this morning, there was discussion regarding Item 6A on next week's agenda which is currently titled, "Discussion of the potential purchase by the City of Boulder of a Conservation Easement on the Long's Gardens Property." The discussion today at CAC stated that the item will instead be only about real estate acquisitions in general and will not focus on a particular property.

I do not agree that the discussion should be changed in this manner. I do want to discuss the potential Long's Garden acquisition. There are significant policy discussions about whether Open Space dollars could be used for this, whether we should even be pursuing this sight, and what the intended future uses would be. I think it is better to have these discussions early in the process. If in fact Council does want to pursue this purchase (which needs discussion), then staff needs direction about the potential parameters of any purchase. So I'd still like to discuss this property. I do not think we need to get into specific negotiations, but I do think the policy issues brought up by this property need discussion by Council.

Thanks,

KC Becker