[bouldercouncilhotline] HOTLINE: Invitation to help showcase NoBo in Live Work Play competition

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Feb 24 15:25:05 MST 2011

Sender: Sarah Huntley

Dear council members,
I wanted to let you know that Channel 9's Gregg Moss will be in the NoBo Commercial District early on Tuesday, March 1, doing three live segments on the early morning news show as part of the station's ongoing coverage of the Live Work Play finalists. As part of the coverage, Channel 9 is asking that we invite supporters of the neighborhood to gather for enthusiastic crowd shots. I expect the format will be similar to that of the crowd outside The Today Show studio.

I'd like to invite as many of you as possible to attend this live broadcast opportunity. Please feel free to invite your family, friends and neighbors, as well -- the more, the merrier! Handmade signs that promote NoBo and encourage voting for our community are strongly encouraged. We'd love to have a diverse group of people represented. Gregg Moss has asked to speak to the mayor and a couple of NoBo business owners on camera, so I am working with Ruth McHeyser to make those arrangements. I am not anticipating a need for other individual council members to prepare for speaking roles. If you are interested and available to show your support by participating with the crowd, please gather at 6:20 a.m. on Tuesday, March 1, outside the Amante coffee shop at 4580 Broadway St. The live shot will occur at 6:40 a.m.

Thank you so much for your support of this great community and fun competition.
Sarah

Sarah Huntley
Media Relations/Communications Coordinator
City of Boulder
303-441-3155
huntleys at bouldercolorado.gov