[BoulderCouncilHotline] Question re: addition of information to 7/14 Item 5B/Fall study session topic

Speer, Nicole SpeerN at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jul 5 11:10:49 MDT 2022

Good morning, everyone.

For the 7/14 discussion of HHS Community Services and Investments (Item 5B), is it possible to include information on what resources, if any, our city provides to abortion funds, community health providers, and sexual and reproductive health clinics?

I would also like to ask CAC to consider scheduling a study session this fall on this topic in the service of identifying municipal policies that can strengthen our community members' reproductive rights and assist abortion travelers. While abortion is still legal in our state, reduced access elsewhere will have implications for access in our own community, and it would be prudent to prepare for the possibility of a national abortion ban in the coming years.

-Nicole

Nicole Speer, Ph.D.
Boulder City Councilmember
Pronouns: she, her(s), ella