[BoulderCouncilHotline] Structure for tonight's council meeting

Brockett, Aaron BrockettA at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Apr 5 15:55:41 MDT 2022

​Good afternoon Hotline followers. I wanted to give everyone a quick heads up about the structure of tonight's city council meeting which includes a joint public hearing with the County Commissioners about the library district question. The cadence for the meeting will be as follows:

  *   The council meeting will start at 5:30 with some city council business matters and open comment.

  *   Commissioners will join the Zoom meeting – Michelle Krezek will be monitoring the meeting on behalf of the commissioners to keep them apprised on timing, they are planning to join around 6:30.

  *   I will welcome the Commissioners and explain that the BOCC and Council are taking joint testimony tonight, and the Council will deliberate after the public comment, but the BOCC will leave the meeting and will be deliberating this issue at a public meeting on Thursday, April 7 at 1:30 pm

  *   Staff Presentation by David Gehr and David Farnan with additional staff available for questions.

  *   Questions from the Council and BOCC for staff. I will call on COCC and Council members using zoom hands.

  *   Public Hearing – Council and the BOCC will listen to the testimony -- over 100 people have signed up to speak!

  *   Follow-up questions of staff from the Council and BOCC based on public comment and potentially some conversation between Council and BOCC.

  *   When the Q and A is finished, the Commissioners will excuse themselves and leave the meeting.

  *   The Council will then deliberate and take action unless the lateness of the hour prompts council to decide at this point to postpone deliberations to another meeting in the near future.

  *   The Commissioners will deliberate and take action on April 7 at 1:30 pm.

Best,

Aaron Brockett

[cid:fd0f53a7-69c0-45bf-8956-0389d58f628e]

<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>

C: 720-984-1863

brocketta at bouldercolorado.gov