[BoulderCouncilHotline] Questions concerning 2504 Spruce St. Call-up checking.

Joseph, Junie JosephJ at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Sep 27 20:28:04 MDT 2021

Dear Colleagues and Staff,

I had the opportunity to visit the call-up checking site and had conversations with community members. And based on these conversations and reading of the memo please see below some of my questions, for tomorrow, concerning the call-up check-in (2504 Spruce):

Q1:     What is the likely sale price of 2,400 to 2,600 square feet condominiums at 2504 Spruce?

Q2: Is the developer amenable to increasing the number of for sale units in phase 1 and decreasing their size?

Q3: D. Ensign mentioned in the Planning Board notes for this project that the rezoning would be a heavy lift. why/ how so? and what is the rezoning process in this area, in order to increase the number of for sale units/ affordable housing?

Q4: 2504 Spruce is a transit rich area, can we allow the developer to utilize the land/space in a way that is more effective/ efficient to create more housing for people who do not want/ have cars?

Q5: Whether Staff is aware of any for sale middle-income units produced in Boulder since the passage of the middle-income strategy? If so, how many?

 Q6: Landmarking the Oblong Box Gas Station [Mecha building] at the NE corner of the Spruce Street project site: According to Question 44 from the Call-up check-in report/ memo, the Mecha building is not eligible for federal or state landmarking. Is preservation of this building as a landmarked structure worth the loss of 6 or more units of rental housing? Just because this building is eligible for City landmarking, why *should it be* landmarked?

Q7: Was the Landmarks Board involved in this process? As I was reading through the document, I did not get a sense of where this recommendation to landmark came from? was it staff? the Planning or Landmark Board?

Q8: Whether Boulder's local landmarking process has been through the equity tool? Has this particular property to be landmarked- has been through the equity tool?

PS: Once sent, this email may have formatting issues.

Best Regards,
Junie

Junie Joseph
Council Member
MA Human Rights/J.D.
[cid:d2c35255-e256-4fac-b443-18f1f2db0de2]<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>

Phone: 720-789-3234
JosephJ at bouldercolorado.gov

City Council
1777 Broadway Street Boulder Colorado 80302
http://www.bouldercolorado.gov<http://www.boulderparks-rec.org/>