[BoulderCouncilHotline] Community members’ deaths

Friend, Rachel FriendR at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Oct 29 12:14:00 MDT 2021

Dear Hotline readers and CAC,

I would like to request that CAC schedule time on Nov 9 for Council to discuss the recent deaths of an unhoused community member and her infant.

I will be hoping for updates from staff on:

  1.  How the city communicates and ensures transparency with the community when such tragedies unfold;
  2.  Additional details on the decedent’s points of contact with the city (and county, if relevant) and circumstances of the deaths; and
  3.  Any recommended steps or changes the city may want to consider implementing in light of these deaths.

I know these deaths have caused much heartbreak for community members, and my heart goes out to all who are grieving.

Warmly,
Rachel Friend (she)
Boulder City Council Member
720-601-0163<tel:720-601-0163>