[BoulderCouncilHotline] Item 4B - Proposed change for Council's consideration

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Oct 26 16:29:11 MDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

In an effort to address part of Planning Board's concerns, I worked with the City Attorney's Office to develop the following change to L18 in proposed ordinance 8510:

L18
Allowed by right if located in a regional park where the use and any associated outdoor seating is no closer than 500 feet to a residential zoning district provided that the approval authority for the lease of the public agency owning the regional park finds that the lease and management plan ensure that the use is reasonably compatible with and has minimal negative impacts on surrounding uses, natural areas, and wildlife. Allowed by use review if located in a regional park and the use and any associated seating is located closer than 500 feet to a residential zoning district. Otherwise prohibited.

The above is a proposal that I hope we can discuss this evening. Additionally, I will propose that, in order to address Planning Board's motion suggestion of "further explopration of 'accessory' vs. 'principal' use", the approach to regional parks also be considered as part of the Use Table project set to come before council circa 2Q 2022.

Thank you.

We're all in this together.

In solidarity,

Mary Dolores Young

[cid:eb9242e1-3813-41dc-a75b-f41dc9e51f4b]

"All ethics ... rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts..." - Aldo Leopold