[BoulderCouncilHotline] Absence from CAC & Council...

Joseph, Junie JosephJ at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Oct 18 16:12:44 MDT 2021

Dear Council and Community members,

I will not be in Boulder from 19th-27th of October. Consequently, I will not be at CAC on October 25th and at the October 19th and 26th Council Meeting. I will be volunteering as Short-Term Election Observer for the Presidential Elections in Uzbekistan (the Republic of Karakalpakstan), as part of the Election Observation Mission (EOM) organized by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR). It is an honor to participate in this process. Going to Uzbekistan highlights the importance of human rights here at home and around the world.  Ultimately, this is an honor that I share with Council and the entire community.

Interested in learning more about Uzbekistan and its presidential process, see below:

https://www.osce.org/files/f/documents/d/0/493348.pdf
REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN<https://www.osce.org/files/f/documents/d/0/493348.pdf>
In accordance with its mandate and in anticipation of an official invitation to observe the 24 October 2021 presidential election in Uzbekistan, the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human
www.osce.org



Junie,
Junie Joseph
Council Member
MA Human Rights/J.D.
[cid:d69697c1-862f-429a-af6d-443d0e8731a2]<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>

Phone: 720-789-3234
JosephJ at bouldercolorado.gov

City Council
1777 Broadway Street Boulder Colorado 80302
http://www.bouldercolorado.gov<http://www.boulderparks-rec.org/>