[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Supplemental Memo for Item 3 K, Direct Election of the Mayor and Ranked Choice Voting - September 1, 2020

Brautigam, Jane BrautigamJ at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Sep 1 16:45:37 MDT 2020

One of the council members asked for an additional data point for the discussion this evening:  what is the cost that we estimate for our contract with the County Clerk for holding the election on our behalf?

The cost depends on the number of items that we place on the ballot and if there is a TABOR notice.  For this year, with 4 - 5 ballot measures and a TABOR notice, we have estimated $90,000. In odd-numbered years, we have council candidates in addition to ballot measures.  In that event we estimate a cost of $110,000.

I hope this is helpful information.

Jane

Jane S. Brautigam
City Manager