[BoulderCouncilHotline] Wear a mask. Save lives.

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat May 9 07:15:05 MDT 2020

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

There is some debate in the public realm about the benefits of wearing a facial covering to prevent the spread of COVID in our communities.  The evidence is accumulating about how and how well the wearing of facial coverings prevents the spread of the novel coronavirus, as well as other diseases.  Below are two links I found educational, the first is shorter and more of a summary, and the second is a bit of a deeper dive into published works and empirical comparisons, including behavioral effects.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/masks-covid-19-infections-would-plummet-new-study-says/

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2020/05/04/face-masks-for-the-general-public.html

Punchline: wearing facial coverings is a no-regrets action that almost certainly protects those around you from your germs, whatever they may be.

Wear a mask.  Save lives.

All the best,

Sam Weaver

[cid:image003.png at 01D625D1.8ED75E80]<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>