[BoulderCouncilHotline] Governor Jared Polis press conference

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Mar 27 17:39:36 MDT 2020

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

Governor Polis held a press conference today explaining a great deal of detail about data being collected in Colorado regarding the COVID crisis, and how it is being used.  It is an excellent background piece on what we know so far in Colorado about the spread of the virus, what we expect to see, and what statewide responses are demanded.  The data is very attention-getting, and the response is ramping up very quickly.

I think many community members would be interested in seeing this, and it is on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/jaredpolis/videos/218356769522217/

And also linked at the bottom of this City webpage: https://bouldercolorado.gov/coronavirus

As he said in the conference about the stay-at-home order (and I am paraphrasing): The game here is not to find out what you can get away with, the game is to see how few close in-person interactions you can have today.

He also speaks about coming out of this situation as soon as we safely can, but no sooner.  And that we can all be sure that we will come out of the crisis, and preserving hope is very important in this process.

Wise sentiments, indeed.

All the best,

Sam Weaver

[cid:image003.png at 01D6045E.AE2A6820]<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>